Monday 23 August 2010

Controvesy!

Seems I accidentally started a forum discussion on UKC last week by asking about for female boulderers! Rest assured people, there will be no preferential or discriminatory practices taking place - just when you are thinking ahead about how you might like to construct your staff team, you put the feelers out there to see what the chances are of being able to make it so! Nothing untoward!

Anyway, we are in some mystical stage of box ticking and sort of feeling like being in a slight limbo as we await planning permission, we have had to respond to some minor issues, but mainly on how we intend to divide up the car parking area. This has caused a slight delay, but way less than some walls have experienced getting permission so no complaints from us.

I am pouring over some product catalogues currently, pondering what holds to buy, what kind of staff uniform shall we have, I even printed off some little fashion drawing templates to sketch on some designs, but then it turned out that i cannot draw, so i quickly stopped what had clearly become a displacement activity!

By mid September the plan is to produce a 3D walk around video of our digital model of the site to get everyone all excited. Job adverts should be made public in September too which is very exciting as for me it is the people I am going to be spending a significant portion of my life with for the next year. Who will those 'lucky' people be?

Has anybody seen E9 climbing gear? It is sold in Climb Newcastle and I reckon it looks great but thought I would ask the people for some thoughts. Andy Earl seems to have no issues crushing stuff wearing their climbing pants and he is very flexible so they must pass the highstep test!

Also still looking for climbing tradesmen willing to do an exchange - if you know anyone - point them in our direction!

Tara for now!

1 comment:

  1. not strictly a tradesman or a boulderer but I did help to build the wall down the road from you and I'm happy to flex the guns to help too. As I am sure will a few others in the area.

    Dave AKA mux on ukc

    ReplyDelete